Practicing what we preach is important to us. In the previous blog post, we wrote about practicing gratitude as a tip for improving well-being. Today, we'd like to list some external things we are grateful for at this time.
- It's easy to get lost in worry, anxiety, and fear with everything that is going on in the world.
- To re-focus your energy, practice being grateful for what you have in your life, people around you, or things around you. Perhaps it's the home you live in. Perhaps it's the job you have. Perhaps it's your family. Perhaps it's any number of other things.
- Make a daily list of 5 to 10 things that you are grateful for and don't forget to savor the moments when you are filled with gratitude.
So what are we grateful for right now? Here are some of the many things, in no particular order, that we are grateful for at the moment:
- Doctors, nurses, physician's assistants, healthcare workers, and caregivers of all types who are doing their best and giving their all to save lives
- Police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, dispatchers, and first responders of all types who continue to keep us safe in our daily lives
- Civic leaders and government officials that are working to actively respond to the pandemic and keep the health, safety, and welfare of all people as a priority
- Grocery store workers, farmers, restaurant workers, and laborers of all types who provide for our basic needs
- Delivery persons, mail carriers, electrical linepersons, telecommunication workers, and service providers of all types who continue to keep our methods of delivery and communication open when we are unable to venture out
- Soldiers, military personnel, and veterans who have responded to the call of duty to protect and defend our country
- Artists, musicians, poets, performers, artisans, and creators of all types who lift our spirits, remind us of the good things in life, and give us hope
- Teachers, professors, mentors, counselors, and educators of all types who tirelessly work to continue improving the lives of those they serve and instruct
- The overlooked workers such as administrators, janitors, assistants, transit workers, and so many others whose essential work allows all of these things to happen
- Parents, coworkers, friends, family, and all who reach out across distance to heal our hearts and souls
- People and companies showing a generosity of spirit by donating their personal protective equipment (such as construction companies donating n95 masks) and others who are manufacturing items desperately needed
- All who are staying home, being kind, and practicing social distancing since without you, we can not overcome this trouble in the world, keep up our collective health, and save more lives