Spruce Up Your Bathroom Inexpensively
Bathroom remodels can be very expensive. But, there are alternatives that can give your bathroom a great new look for much less money. Here are some things to consider when you want to spruce up your bathroom inexpensively:
1. Consider replacing your old bathroom vanity counter with a new one. Granite and quartz counters can be pre-made with sink and faucet holes ready to go. Make sure you get a new matching undermount sink and faucet to go with it!
2. Consider re-facing or painting your bathroom vanity. New door styles or even just a coat of paint will give it a whole new look. This is an easy (but time consuming) DIY project so you wouldn't necessarily even need to hire someone to do the painting.
3. Consider getting new shower curtains. Nice linen curtains drawn all the way across the shower entrance on the outside of the bath will give a luxurious feel. Save the plastic curtain for the inside of the shower where it will get wet. And this would work to cover older shower doors that could use an update too.
4. Consider replacing your accessories such as towel bars, the toilet paper holder, etc. You'll want the accessories to match the style and material of the faucet from item 1 above. For example, if you bought a satin nickel faucet, you'll want satin nickel accessories.
5. Consider buying new linens. New towels and bath mats will go a long way and add some freshness to the room. Plus, if you don't like the way your floor looks, and you cant replace it, it'll hide more of the floor you don't want to see anyway.
6. Consider finishing the room with art and a plant. The greenery is sure to cheer up the space.
A lot of this can be done DIY. But it would be relatively inexpensive to hire an handyman or contractor to do some of the work for you. Good luck and enjoy the look of your spruced-up bathroom!